PBX Engineering is an electrical, systems, and software engineering firm, with offices in Victoria, Vancouver, and Squamish. We develop leading edge systems for buildings, transportation, municipal infrastructure, security, and industrial applications across Canada. Our extensive and diverse project portfolio includes infrastructure that positively impacts the public, as well as numerous award-winning projects. We are expanding our Buildings Group in our Vancouver and Victoria office and are currently seeking qualified electrical engineers and technologists.
PBX offers a challenging and rewarding environment. PBX employs innovative, critical thinkers who enjoy solving problems through creative and collaborative interaction. The selected candidate should be genuinely interested in participating in the mutually beneficial growth and technical development of a very strong and talented group of engineers and designers.
Working closely with senior engineers, these design roles will be active members of the Buildings Group design team, with direct responsibility for project tasks in the following areas:
- Preparation of designs for all types of electrical systems (power, AV, security, fire alarm) for a variety of building and facility types
- Preparation of calculations and simulations
- Preparation of design documentation, including drawings, cost estimates, and construction specifications
- Performing construction services and site reviews
- Performing system testing, commissioning, and troubleshooting
- Responsible for producing design documentation and interfacing with clients with high level support from senior engineering staff
While relevant experience is certainly an asset, we are far more interested in finding the right person and are willing to train. In addition to experience with the above responsibilities, the qualifications for the position include:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university, or diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology program or equivalent from a recognized technical institute
- Current registration or capability to register with the Engineers & Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC) as EIT / P.Eng.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Eagerness to learn and a positive, professional attitude
- Able to effectively deal with a high level of responsibility and demanding work schedule
- Knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code
- Knowledge of the BC Building Code
- Strong computer skills including good working knowledge of the MS Office suite
- Eligible for registration with EGBC as an EIT/P.Eng., or as an AScT with ASTTBC, as appropriate.
- Client relationship management and project management experience.
- 4-7 years of relevant experience
Knowledge of the following areas are not mandatory, but are considered an asset to the position:
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Experience with AGI32
- Experience with REVIT MEP
- Knowledge of Canadian Electrical Code
- Familiar with relevant sections of the BC Building Code, Vancouver Building Bylaw, National Building Code of Canada
- Experience with energy code requirements: ASHRAE 90.1, LEED project credits/scoresheet
The PBX Environment
We are a different firm – suits and ties to steel toed boots. We believe in supporting the long term career development of our staff through a diverse and challenging workload, industry engagement, and internal and external training. We apply the same effort in fostering a positive social environment as we do in developing innovative and successful projects. We continuously strive to make our firm the kind of place where people want to stay – and our benefits package and approach to compensation are structured to support that goal. We are looking for someone who shares our passion for high quality work and who is interested in contributing positively to our corporate culture.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send their resumes, complete with references, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Buildings Designer” in the subject line.