PBX Engineering is an electrical, systems, and software engineering firm, with offices in Victoria, Vancouver, and Squamish. We develop leading edge systems for buildings, transportation, municipal infrastructure, security, and industrial applications across Canada. Our extensive and diverse project portfolio includes infrastructure that positively impacts the public, as well as numerous award−winning projects. We are expanding our Industrial Group in our Vancouver office and are seeking qualified electrical engineers.
PBX Vancouver offers a challenging and rewarding environment. PBX employs innovative, critical thinkers who enjoy solving problems through creative and collaborative interaction. The selected candidate should be genuinely interested in participating in the mutually beneficial growth and technical development of a very strong and talented group of engineers and designers.
Our diverse industrial workload is largely project driven and includes technical areas such as:
- Medium and low voltage AC & DC distribution systems including substation and switchgeardesign
- Motor control centres, variable frequency drives, motor feeders
- Grounding systems
- Automated processes and PLC control systems
- Backup power generation and transfer schemes
- Lighting layouts and studies
- Communications systems involving Ethernet networks and fibre systems
- Overhead and underground distribution infrastructure
Working closely with senior engineers, the designer will be an active members of the Industrial Group Design team, with responsibility for project tasks in the following areas:
- Preparation of designs for all types of industrial systems for a variety of industrial facilitytypes including marine ports and terminals, transit facilities, transportation infrastructuresuch as bridges and tunnels, municipal infrastructure such as pump stations and watertreatment facilities,
- Preparation of calculations and simulations including voltage drop, protection &coordination, arc flash, grounding,
- Preparation of design documentation, including drawings, cost estimates, reports, andconstruction specifications
- Performing construction services and site reviews
- Performing system testing, commissioning, and troubleshooting
- Assisting with preparation of project proposals and project fees
- Responsible for producing design documentation and interfacing with clients with high levelsupport from senior engineering staff
In addition to experience with the above responsibilities, the qualifications for the position include:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university, or diploma in ElectricalEngineering Technology program or equivalent from a recognized technical institute
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to effectively deal with a high level of responsibility and demanding work schedule
- Strong computer skills including good working knowledge of the MS Office suite
- Eligible for registration with EGBC as an EIT/P.Eng.
- Client relationship management and project management experience
The PBX Environment
We are a different firm – suits and ties to steel toed boots. We believe in supporting the long term career development of our staff through a diverse and challenging workload, industry engagement, and internal and external training. We apply the same effort in fostering a positive social environment as we do in developing innovative and successful projects. We continuously strive to make our firm the kind of place where people want to stay – and our benefits package and approach to compensation are structured to support that goal. We are looking for someone who shares our passion for high quality work and who is interested in contributing positively to our corporate culture.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send their resumes, complete with references, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Industrial Group Designer” in the subject line