PBX Engineering is an electrical, systems, and software engineering firm, with offices in Victoria, Vancouver, and Squamish. We develop leading edge systems for transportation, security, buildings, municipal, and industrial applications across Canada. We are seeking a motivated and talented Marketing & Business Development Coordinator (MBDC) for our Vancouver office.
Reporting to and supporting the senior PBX staff, the MBDC will have the following responsibilities:
- Oversee updates to all marketing materials, print, and online media
- Develop and create online content for social media and website
- Explore business development strategies and opportunities to help expand our market presence
- Coordinate marketing events and create marketing materials, such as presentations, business cards, signage, brochures, event materials, and strategic advertising
- Coordinate award submissions including designing posters, assist with the development of technical presentations and papers, photo editing, etc.
- Design and develop internal marketing materials for the offices such as project posters and artwork
- Assist the Pursuits Coordinator to create and maintain a toolbox of design materials and templates for the generation of proposal documents
- Coordinate event planning for company events, design and create all required incidentals, posters, swag, decorations etc.
- Coordinate with vendors to procurement marketing materials
- Deliver high quality, brand-appropriate, accurate, and timely work to meet business goals
To succeed in this position, you will possess the following attributes:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business/Marketing field, or reasonable equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ marketing related experience in a fast-paced professional environment
- Excellent knowledge of graphics programs, such as the Adobe suite, and a keen eye for graphic layout and design
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite
- A professional demeanor
- Exemplary communication skills and ability to liaise effectively with diverse groups
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where demands and deadlines shift frequently
- A sense of humor
While relevant experience is certainly an asset, we are far more interested in finding the right person and are willing to train. This position has the potential to grow into a leadership role.
The PBX Environment
We are a different firm. We believe in supporting the long term career development of our staff through a diverse and challenging workload, industry engagement, and internal and external training. We apply the same effort in fostering a positive social environment as we do in developing innovative and successful projects. We continuously strive to make our firm the kind of place where people want to stay – and our benefits package and approach to compensation are structured to support that goal. We are looking for someone who shares our passion for high quality work and who is interested in contributing positively to our corporate culture.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send their resumes, complete with references, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Marketing & Business Development Coordinator” in the subject line.