PBX Engineering is an electrical, systems, and software engineering firm, with offices in Victoria and Vancouver. We develop leading edge systems for transportation, security, buildings, and industrial applications across Canada.
We are seeking a motivated and talented Proposal Writer for our Vancouver office.
Reporting to and supporting the Proposal and Marketing Coordinator (PMC) and senior PBX staff, the Proposal Writer will have the following responsibilities in the generation of proposals:
- Develop and edit proposal content under the guidance of the PMC.
- Analyze procurement documents for key requirements.
- Assist the PMC in the creation and maintenance of a toolbox of proposal materials and templates.
- Assist the PMC with online content management for blogs, social media, and website.
- Assist the PMC with coordinating marketing events and creating other marketing material, such as presentations, business cards, signage, presentation and event materials, event planning, and strategic advertising.
- Assist engineering staff with review and copy editing of technical documentation.
- Deliver high quality, brand-appropriate, accurate, and timely work to meet business goals.
- Coordinate activities between technical staff, partners, and sub-consultants to develop innovative, competitive, and successful proposals.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the PMC & Senior Staff.
While relevant experience is certainly an asset, we are far more interested in finding the right person and are willing to train. To succeed in this position, you will possess the following attributes:
- Exceptional writer and editor, impeccable English language skills.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in English/Technical Writing/ Business/Marketing field, or reasonable demonstrated equivalent.
- A professional demeanor.
- Fastidious attention to grammar, punctuation, and the nuances of the written word.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite, including a near Zen-like ability to work with and around the eccentricities of MS Word.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where demands and deadlines shift frequently.
- A reasonable working knowledge of graphics programs, such as the Adobe suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Fireworks) and Bluebeam, and an eye for basic graphic layout.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- An unrelenting desire to win.
- A sense of humor.
The PBX Environment
We are a different firm. Waterfront view, patio, pool table, and a young, dynamic environment. We are looking for someone who shares our passion for high quality work and who is interested in contributing positively to our corporate culture.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send their resumes, complete with references, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Proposal Writer” in the subject line.