Afshin Safa is a Design Engineer with PBX Engineering, based out of the Victoria office. He has over 18 years of technical and management experience in industrial automation within various industries including water treatment, automotive, petrochemicals, power plants, gas, glass and building automation.
Afhsin has earned a Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering – Control Systems followed by a Master Degree in Electrical Engineering – Power Systems. Most recently Afshin has obtained his Master’s Certificate in Project Management (MCPM) from the University of Victoria.
His experience include the following:
- Project planning, coordination and management
- Providing consultancy services for I&C and SCADA systems
- Design and programming PLCs, RTUs, HMIs and SCADA systems
- FAT, SAT, SIT, commissioning and maintenance of the industrial automation system
- Design, implementation and maintenance of industrial networks
- Design, implementation and maintenance of product tracking system (RFID based)
- Quality assurance internal auditing (ISO 9000 Quality Management System)
- Research activities in the field of power plant control systems
- Preparing proposals and bidding documents for a variety of industrial automation projects
- Preparing tender documents and evaluating the bidders’ proposals as a client or a client agent