Mr. Black has worked within the consulting engineering industry for 11 years, during which time he has led the design and acted as project and construction manager for electrical projects spanning the industrial, marine, and transportation sectors. In particular, Mr. Black has led projects for Neptune Terminals, Kinder Morgan Terminals, the Prince Rupert Port Authority, and APL Terminals, and has played a key engineering role in various projects delivered for the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority.
In addition to his consulting engineering experience, Mr. Black has over 2 years of experience working for BC Hydro. During his time at BC Hydro, he held the position of Senior Program Manager in the Transmission & Distribution department. He provided the leadership necessary to effectively plan and execute technically complex projects, managing multi-discipline project teams, obtaining necessary project approvals and permits, participating in negotiations, and directing internal and external resources, contactors, and service providers to deliver a portfolio of projects valued over $35M annually.
As a professional in BC, Mr. Black has built many strong relationships. In particular, his role as a Program Manager enabled him to develop relationships across the BC Hydro organization and throughout the consulting and contracting industries in BC. Leveraging these relationships, he is able to effectively navigate complex transmission and distribution new connection and capacity increase requests.
During his time at PBX Engineering, Mr. Black has worked with various transportation, municipal, and marine authorities and has gained a significant amount of experience including:
- Project management of multi-discipline project teams delivering projects in excess of $2M.
- Detailed design of electrical transmission and power distribution systems.
- Development and implementation of complex motion control systems for industrial customers.
- Development and implementation of PLC based traffic, process control, automation, and SCADA systems.
- Network infrastructure analysis, physical network planning, fibre optic distribution systems, wireless point-to-point communications.
- Construction specifications and documentation.
- Project and construction management and administration.