Fil Rossi is a Design Engineer with PBX Engineering, based out of the Vancouver office. He has over 15 years of experience in industrial environments, as well as involved in research & development. He has a background in industrial automation and systems integration in the automotive and forestry industries. Since joining PBX in March of 2015, Mr. Rossi has been involved in Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), and security systems (CCTV surveillance, access control and fence detection). His experience includes:
- Design and programming PLCs and SCADA systems;
- Onsite commissioning and testing
- Controls design for remote and harsh environments.
- Provided consultation services for production analysis, and product tracking solutions.
- Developing and implementing Manufacturing Execution Systems
- Real-time simulation software development (GPU, Simulink, FEM, mass/heat flow networks)
- Designed and prototyped instrumentation for radio-astronomy and nuclear generation industries