PBX Engineering is an electrical, systems, and software engineering firm, with offices located in Victoria, Vancouver, and Squamish. We develop leading edge systems for municipal infrastructure, transportation, security, buildings, and industrial applications across Canada. PBX Engineering is seeking a passionate Computer Aided Design (CAD) Technician to work out of our Victoria office.
PBX Engineering offers a challenging and rewarding environment. PBX employs innovative, critical thinkers who enjoy solving problems through creative and collaborative interaction. The selected candidate should be genuinely interested in participating in the mutually beneficial growth and support of a very strong and talented group of engineers and designers. Our diverse workload includes technical areas such as:
- Water and wastewater infrastructure including SCADA systems and Automation
- Power distribution systems including MV/HV substations, low voltage distribution, and grounding systems
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) including lighting design and traffic studies
- Security system design including CCTV, perimeter security, and access control platforms
- Building electrical systems including residential, commercial, and industrial facilities
The successful candidate will work as part of our CAD production group, supporting our entire project portfolio through the development of high quality design documentation.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Production of engineering drawings using Autodesk’s AutoCAD
- Production of three-dimensional models and other design exhibits
- Ensuring adherence to internal and client-defined CAD standards
- Contributing to the internal CAD library development and maintenance
- Performing design calculations and developing design details
- Printing, production, and amalgamation of design packages for distribution
In addition to experience with the above responsibilities, the necessary qualifications for the position include:
- Education minimum: certificate in Computer Aided Design or equivalent
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn new skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong time management and written/oral communication skills
- Familiarity with the MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc)
- Familiarity with Microstation, REVIT and Sketch-Up considered an asset
The PBX Environment
We are a different firm. We believe in supporting the long term career development of our staff through a diverse and challenging workload, industry engagement, and internal and external training. We apply the same effort in fostering a positive social environment as we do in developing innovative and successful projects. We continuously strive to make our firm the kind of place where people want to stay – and our benefits package and approach to compensation are structured to support that goal. We are looking for someone who shares our passion for high quality work and who is interested in contributing positively to our corporate culture.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send their resumes, complete with references, via email to email@example.com. Include “CAD Technician” in the subject line.